I first mentioned Laura Mercier's Mineral Foundation in my high coverage post here, but I also stated that I wanted to give it a full test drive before writing a full review, and now I think I've used tested it thoroughly enough to share my thoughts.
Laura Mercier is a brand I've developed quite a thing for lately, and the sales really didn't do much to stop my deepening infatuation as you can see in my sales post here! I was sent this foundation in Natural Beige* which I applied straight away, and immediately realised it was the wrong shade for me. However, I was so impressed with its coverage that I decided to order the right shade for me, which turns out to be Tender Rose.
| Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation: top Tender Rose, bottom Natural Beige |
Natural Beige is still a fairly pale shade but it leans too yellow for me and I'd say it's around a shade and a half to two shades too dark for me as well, whereas Tender Rose is a fraction too pale, but it balances out any redness in my skin and I'll always go for a shade that is too pale rather than too dark as it's easier to correct with blusher and bronzer etc.
| Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation: Top Tender Rose, bottom Natural Beige |
This is a typical mineral powder in the sense that it needs to be buffed into the skin well to perform at its best and needs to be built-up slowly. It comes in a good, solid container which contains a fairly generous 9.6g of product. Inside the container is a sliding lid that allows you to close in the powder to reduce mess, although I keep forgetting to close it after I've finished!
![]() |
| Left before, right after...just in case you can't tell... |
Interestingly, when I first got this and swatched it on my hand I was horrified by how shimmery it was. It's safe to say that if I wasn't sent this then I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it based on a hand swatch alone as it's soooo shimmery in a swatch, but for some reason the shimmer doesn't show up much when the powder is applied to the face. Instead the finish is very dewy, glowy and incredibly flattering.
| With the rest of my make-up. |
Since my skin has started showing signs of improvement I've been enjoying wearing (or getting away with) less make-up as I now don't feel the need to use lots of products for day-to-day make-up. Instead I use under eye concealer and this powder before applying my usual products. This is a brilliant, high-coverage foundation with a beautiful finish that I highly recommend if you want a one-stop product that'll bring your skin to life whilst covering it well.
Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation is available now from Harrods and the usual stockists for £31.

I love this foundation, I wear it on the days when I'm more lazier and I need more coverage. xo
ReplyDeleteIt's fab isn't it? Such an easy product to use and such good coverage too xx
DeleteYour skin looks great - such a lovely finish. I'm a huge fan of LM foundations but haven't tried this one. I'm currently using Creme Smooth, which also gives amazing coverage - and often mix it with a tinted moisturiser or BB cream for everyday use.
ReplyDeleteNic x
Thanks so much Nic! Funnily enough, I did think of you when I was reviewing it as I remember the Twitter chat we had about the Creme Smooth xx
Delete