17 Miracle Matte Foundation


I've mentioned this foundation a couple of times in other posts, but having used it a bit more I felt it deserved a full review.  17 Miracle Matte is a medium to high coverage foundation with a matte finish, as the name suggests.  I'm not really a fan of using high coverage foundations all over as I think they run the risk of giving that mask like finish that I personally really hate, but this one manages to leave quite a natural finish.

The reason I've decided to review it fully is because I had a realisation the other day when I was using it.  It's worth noting that I use this more like a concealer than a foundation, but as I have a large area that I need to conceal, it gets used as a foundation on certain parts of my face rather than all over, if that makes sense.  So I don't spot apply, but I don't apply it all over.

L-R: Miracle Matte and Double Wear
I had it on the back of my hand and was working it down preparing it for application when I realised that it reminded me of my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  Double Wear has a reputation as being one of the best high coverage foundations available (although less so since they changed the formula; the previous edition was far superior) but at £26.50 for 30ml it really isn't cheap.  The finish of the two foundations is very different as Double Wear doesn't finish too matte, more of a neutral, slightly matte finish, whereas Miracle Matte is most definitely matte, but texturally, coverage and application wise they are incredibly similar.  This is very noteworthy considering Miracle Matte retails for £5.99.

You do need to work quickly with this to ensure it blends well as it does tend to dry quite quickly which, if you're not careful, can leave a patchy finish.  I find either decanting a small amount to the back of my hand and spritzing with water or using a damp sponge/foundation brush to apply delays the drying and ensures a little more movability.

L-R: Miracle Matte and Double Wear
You can see this foundation in action on my 17 make-up challenge look here, where I used it both as a facial concealer and an under-eye concealer.  I definitely recommend trying this if you like a high coverage or would like a cheap alternative to a concealer as this buffs into the skin really well and lasts considerably.

The finish is interesting as it's definitely very matte, but lacks that horrid chalkiness that a lot of matte finish foundations give.  I was really impressed with how well this kept my oiliness at bay and I didn't need to follow up with a powder at any point throughout the day.

17 Miracle Matte Foundation (S) is £5.99 and can be purchased here.

4 comments:

  1. This one looks really really interesting! I'll give it a go once my Rimmel 25 hour one is done. Do you think it's suitable for summer months or is it more of a winter time foundation?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely, I think it's best for winter months as it's quite a heavy foundation, but if you're a fan of full coverage then this would still work, especially if you're oily prone like me! xx

      Delete
  2. i am using this foundation at the moment,do you have any suggestions on how to apply it because it feels rather cakey on my face? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean that it feels cakey during application or after a certain amount of time? I think that if you're using something that doesn't go on as smoothly as you'd like then the best thing to use is a Beauty Blender sponge (I think there's a cheaper alternative available at Superdrug if you don't fancying splashing out) that you spray with water first as this gives a bit more fluidity to the product.

      If it's starting to cake after a while then maybe use a primer that's aimed at moisturising too? My favourite for this is the Boots No7 Primer that I reviewed a while ago.

      Hope this helps! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments and I read and reply to every single one, so thanks very much for taking the time to comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Your Linkwithin code goes here