This is a Bobbi Brown special as everything I've used on my eyes is a Bobbi Brown product. If you're a regular reader (or even if you've just happened upon my blog at one point...) you'll know that I'm a huge Bobbi Brown fan, and as I've recently added a couple of items to my collection from their new Long-Wear additions, I thought it'd be fun to do a look using only BB items.
Tinted Eye Brightener in Light Bisque
Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Cool Lilac
Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Black Plum
Perfectly Defined Mascara in Black (appears to be discontinued)
Natural Brow Shaper in Blonde
I started by applying the Tinted Eye Brightener in the lower corner of each eye. I've moved away from the 'completely covered circles' look as I think that, even if you get the shade spot on, it can look really unnatural and quite unflattering, so instead nowadays I just aim to lighten the inner corners which stops me looking shattered!
Next I applied the Long Wear Cream Shadow all over my eyelid. I went without a primer as I prefer it to look less intense for a day time look.
I next applied a thin line of the Long Wear Eye Pencil from the outer corner up until my lashes start thinning out. I think I've mentioned this in other posts, but for a day look I like to add a bit of definition to my lash line but I prefer not to take the line all the way to the inner corner as I feel that can look too 'made-up' for daytime looks.
I then applied one coat of Perfectly Defined Mascara and focussed this mainly on the outer corners to really open up my eyes.
Lastly, I sparingly applied the Natural Brow Shaper to just give my brows a little bit of definition.
The look I was going for is soft and summery which I don't think structured brows or heavy eye liner work with. The most important thing for me was to make my eyes stand out, and as I have blue eyes, using purple based colours like lilac and plum really force the blue to pop, as you can hopefully see in the pictures.
This is a fuss-free, easy to work with daytime look that you can intensify for night by using the pencil on the lower waterline, adding a line of lilac along the lower lashes and adding another coat of mascara. It's really easy and definitely a look I'm a fan of as I feel it's summery and fresh without being OTT.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I absolutely love getting comments and I read and reply to every single one, so thanks very much for taking the time to comment xx