I've never tried an Orly varnish before, but I was really impressed with both the packaging and the product. The polish is generously sized and comes with a rubber handle that makes application really easy. If I could find fault, I'd say a thicker brush would be handier for quicker application, but the thin brush makes it a lot easier to get closer to the nail edge and bed.
The polish itself is of a great consistency that goes opaque with one coat, which really impressed me! I really wanted just a quick change of nail colour, so my application was a bit messy and I could only allocate enough time for one quick coat. Therefore these polishes are perfect if you're in a hurry and great if you've only got five minutes spare for a quick nail change before a night out.
As you can see, the tips have worn a little since I applied (2 nights ago) but that's just one coat with no base or top coat, so it's to be expected.
The name Cherry Bomb to be evokes a bright pinky/red cherry colour which this isn't. It's more of a orangey/rusty red colour that is bright and summery without being too in your face.
I'm really pleased I decided to branch out from my usual pinks, and as a consequent I also have a beautiful navy-like shade coming up and.....erm.....another pink. Old habits are hard to kick!
Orly Cherry Bomb (S) is priced at £7.50 and available from Beauty Bay here.
absolutely truly gorgeous, love the lit from within effect in this. wow!
ReplyDeleteliloo /@tsunimee xx
It's such a lovely shade isn't it? I'm so pleased I branched out as this is never normally a shade I would consider, but it's really lovely and easy to wear xx
Delete