I received this Marvel Gel along with the BB Cream from the same range, review of which is here. This is a chemical (no scrubby bits) exfoliating gel that appears to have quite a reputation as a great remover of evil blackheads. Whilst I liked this, I didn't find it was the ideal product for blackhead removal but that could be due to the fact that I have seriously tough skin; once there's a blackhead there that isn't right on the surface, it'll stay there until it's manually extracted, regardless of how much exfoliating I do.
This is an unusual product as you rub it into the skin and as it dries it starts forming little bits that you rub off the skin. In theory - and from other peoples reviews - when you rub the gel off it takes dead skin with it, and other people have reported a change in the colour of the gel as it picks up dirt and grub. I didn't find this to happen when I used it and the colour of the gel stayed the same.
| Straight out of the tube. |
The thing I'm not sure about with this product is the fact that I think it oversells itself which risks disappointment from the person who uses it; from the list of promises on the packaging I was expecting seriously obvious results, but I found that whilst it did a good job at smoothing my skin, it didn't deliver in the way I hoped it would as I was eager to see flakes and blackheads fall off as I rubbed away, which didn't happen.
| Once rubbed in. |
*PR Sample
Shocking how different skins react differently! You probably read my review, and it was really harsh on me even though I can scrub my face with body scrub and its okay haha seems like your skin must be dead clean though that it didnt change colour, strange.. great review!:) xx
ReplyDeleteNo way! Wow that's not good, I wonder if anyone else has had the same reaction? I really didn't feel anything at all, I just applied it, rubbed it off and was expecting nothing but was surprised that my skin felt smoother xx
Deletehi, i bought this product recently but i do have the doubt that whether its true that its safe to be use everyday...do u have any idea about that specific point?
ReplyDelete