Holiday Post: Hair and Body

By the time this post goes live I'll hopefully be sunning myself in Marbella and I had planned to do a breakdown of all the things I was taking away with me.  However, my mum has been in hospital for the past two days with an infection, so the two days I had put aside for getting everything organised were instead spent in the A&E waiting room.  Thankfully she's fine and we've been given the go ahead to travel, but I haven't even had a chance to change my pounds into euros so chances are I'm not going to get a chance to do all the posts I'd planned either :(  Therefore I might just do the skincare post and this post and leave the make-up post for when I get back.


The great thing about my holiday is that it'll give me a chance to try out things that I haven't previously been able to.  I've made full use of my 'holiday mood' and put together a group of products that I've been meaning to try for ages but haven't got around to yet.  I approached my holiday organising with the steely determination that usually ends badly (for me, anyway), and I decided to buy a small trio of cosmetic travel cases and try and limit all my beauty products to what would fit in these three cases.  I also bought some travel dispensers, so hopefully that'll improve the situation somewhat.

Here's what I'll be taking, roughly from left to right:


Abees Honey Scrub:  this is the pot to the far left of the picture that has all the writing rubbed off.  It's a lovely, oily, gentle scrub that'll work like a dream on sun parched skin.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer:  this is a mask treatment that you use before shampooing.  I love this and I'm bringing it because it's travel friendly and will hopefully maintain the new glossiness I currently have thanks to my colour.

L'Oreal Elnett Diamond Hold Hair Spray : this is purely for my fringe!

Charles Worthington Crackle Wax:  this gives fantastic definition and roughs up hair just enough for that laid-back, beach-chic look that I'm always convinced I can achieve but never quite get there...

Umberto Giannini Salon Shine Glossing Mist:  I've bought the travel-friendly version of this as it's a light, easy, shine spray that gives great gloss and finishes a 'done' style.  

Diptyque Mimosa candle:  I just love the idea of lulling around in the sun with a gorgeous candle helping to set the scene.  I'm so into candles lately and I'm still spending an unhealthy amount on them.  

Aldi Miracle Oil:  I was sent this to try recently and I'm hoping it'll be an effective and cheaper alternative to Moroccanoil.  I'll report back.  

Astral Original:  I take a pot of this with me every holiday as it's so multi-purpose; it removes make-up, moisturisers and works as a great aftersun.  I won't be using it to remove make-up as I'm all Jan Marini-ed up, but my mum will inevitably steal it as is usually the case.

Sure Maximum Protection:  this moisturises and keeps everything dry and clean-smelling, so if it's as hot as I'm hoping in Spain then hopefully I'll need this!

Abees Nourishing Shower Gel:  This is seriously dinky sized and my mum loves it, so I'm hoping this'll see me through the entire holiday.

Stylfile Emergency File:  I'll be reviewing the full range soon (if I haven't already - scheduling so far ahead is tricky!) and I absolutely love the design and travel-friendly take on this; it's both a buffer and a file housed in a travelling case that takes up virtually no room and can go on a keyring.  

iNOA Colour Care:  I'm using this religiously - Shampoo, Conditioner and Deep Conditioner - and I'll be taking it all with me, albeit decanted for travel.  

La Roche-Posay SPF30: obviously I'm going to need sun protection and this is the perfect size as it's not as cumbersome as a lot of other suncreams.  It's also really gentle which my skin needs as I think it's going to find it shocking enough being faced with actual, real sun!

Oxy Seaweed Deep Calm Balm:  this is a weird one as I've had to stop using it for its intended reason (now I'm on the Jan Marini routine) but I just love it so much and I'm now using it to take away the look of dry skin on my feet! Odd, yes, but it's such a lovely balm and works brilliantly for both its original purpose and my new one too.  

So as you can see, there's quite a lot coming with me but I'm hoping that once I've got my decant on, it'll all look miraculously tiny and fit in a match box.  

Disclosure:  I've barely found the time to write this post so forgive me for not going through everything and breaking it down! It's safe to say it's a good mix of purchases and samples.  

2 comments:

  1. I've just been to Marbella and it was amazing!! Hope you have fun! I've just invested in the Aldi Oil too but haven't given it a try yet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I actually didn't go to Marbella and instead was just outside it....I was convinced we were going to Marbella though! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments and I read and reply to every single one, so thanks very much for taking the time to comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Your Linkwithin code goes here