Clinique Chubby Sticks Intense are pumped up, highly-pigmented versions of the original Chubby Sticks. They're still in the balm family, but they also incorporate a stain finish and come in a range of eight different shades that follow the original style of naming with shade names such as Plushest Punch and Broadest Berry.
I was sent Roomiest Rose to review which is a deep berry shade that perfectly combines the richness of red with the prettiness of pink to create a strong, wine hue. I tend to associate the colour rose with mid-warm pinks, which I'm not sure Roomiest Rose is, but in fairness, having to find eight new and novel names that didn't interfere with the original line-up of sixteen must've been quite a chore!
The original Chubby Sticks provided a sheer wash of colour, yet these new Intense versions do exactly as promised and leave lips saturated in completely opaque colour whilst thankfully still retaining the balm-like texture that made the originals such a hit.
Sold, in part, as a stain and stain they do! Without eating or drinking you could get considerable wear out of these (I would hazard a guess at 4-5 hours before you'd need a top-up) and once the initial punch of colour starts to fade, you're left with a strong stain that stays true and doesn't washout.
| Without flash. |
| With flash. |
I'm thrilled that there are more members being added to the original Chubby line-up and I can't wait to get my hands on the other shades once they land in November, priced at £16 a pop.
*PR Sample
That pinkish/red looks sensational on.
ReplyDeletehttp://prfashionbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
It's a lovely colour isn't it? Very "now" xx
DeleteThe chubby sticks are my all time favourite lip sticks/balms. I only have two so far but want them all x
ReplyDeleteThey are amazing aren't they? I love collecting them! xx
Delete