The reason for the launch was to celebrate the arrival of the Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil which I'm not going to discuss here as I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but what I wanted to briefly talk about was my discussion with Elijah (who is absolutely lovely by the way and soooo passionate about what he does) with regards to fragrance.
It was a real
Bodhi Pep Noir is one of the brand's most famous fragrances and is touted as a Marmite fragrance; you'll either love it or hate it. It's main notes are Black Pepper, White Thyme and Bergamot and as soon as I heard the word 'pepper' I thought there was absolutely no way I'd like it; if it ain't girly, it ain't for me. Yet I wanted to give everything a whirl and get to know the brand fully, so I had my hand washed in Pep Noir and was very surprised to find that I actually really liked it. What's most interesting about fragrance is how different it is for everyone; not just what we like and don't like, but also what our own bodily chemicals do to each individual scent. On me, Pep Noir turned very sweet and almost sherbet-like which was so strange for such a strong, earthy fragrance. I think on anyone else I probably wouldn't have liked the smell at all.
The point to me writing about this is that I think from now on I will keep a much more open-mind when it comes to fragrances in general. There's no point smelling something on a bit of card or someone else and deciding you don't like it, as the only way you'll really know if it's for you is if you smell it on yourself; as Elijah said, "fragrance is a personal journey" and as of today, I completely agree.

I can't wait to try the facial oil it looks gorgeous! x
ReplyDelete