The two I used were Arctic Waters on the majority of the nails and Chilling Teal as an accent on each hand. I was seriously excited when I saw Arctic Waters as I've been lusting after a strong, turquoise/blue shade ever since Bobbi Brown launched her Turquoise varnish and I thought Arctic Waters might make a good contender.
In the bottle, Arctic Waters looks like it's laced with a slight shimmer or possibly polychromatic which doesn't really translate when on the nails. I personally was happy with this result as I wanted a strong punchy blue that didn't have to compete with other shades for attention.
Chilling Teal is an interesting shade as it's a bit wishy washy, but still very pretty and gives quite a metallic finish without looking too glittery and there are definitely hints of both blue and green in the mix.
I like both shades but it's absolute love for Arctic Waters and annoyingly this would make the most beautiful, bright, summery shade that I would've loved admiring under the Spanish sun during my last holiday....oh well, next year!
When I first applied Arctic Waters it streaked like you wouldn't believe and of course my heart immediately sank, but it evened out very quickly and the finish was lovely; definitely just as good as any of the higher priced brands. In this NOTD I used two coats of Arctic Waters and three coats of Chilling Teal.
Wear is pretty good; I'm about 4 days in and the edges are just starting to look a big raggedy, but there's definitely a couple more days left in them yet.
All-in-all, some beautiful shades with easy application and great wear at the bargainous price of £6 a pop and the full Arctic Goddess collection launches in November. Have a look at my introduction the range here and my EOTD using the lead palette from the collection here.
*PR samples
No comments:
Post a Comment
I absolutely love getting comments and I read and reply to every single one, so thanks very much for taking the time to comment xx